Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ear piercing at 4 1/2 yrs of age

 2012-11-25

The girls have been pestering me, for months, to get their ears pierced. I told them I would get their ears pierced as my Christmas gift to them. Today was the day. No, today's not Christmas. But, today seemed a good day for getting this done. One of my good friends and one of the girls' favorite aunties could go.

Isabella asked whether I was getting my ears pierced. Only if both of them got their ears pierced. I wasn't about to tell them I'm pretty anxious about the pain involved in getting my ears pierced.

I wasn't going through any panic attacks. I had a strange feeling at least one child would cop out of getting her ears pierced. . .

***

Each of the older two girls kept offering the other person to go first. I wasn't sure anything was going to happen. However, this was up to them. If they didn't want to get their ears pierced, I was fine with that. I just didn't and don't want to go back every week, until they work up the courage to get their ears pierced.

Victoria volunteered. This was contingent upon sitting upon Auntie Amy's lap.

***

I asked the ladies, working at Claire's, to do both of Victoria's ears simultaneously. I could anticipate how things would end if the piercing was done one ear at a time.

2012-11-25

And, I would have been right. Immediately after the piercing, no reaction. But, moments later, Victoria started freaking out. But, one of the employees bribed her, I mean distracted her, with a sucker.

2012-11-25

I think my baby (wait, pardon me, she's not my baby anymore; but, she was my youngest for nearly 3 years), did rather well. She did what I do not have the courage to do.

Even though I have given natural birth to three of my children, without any pain management, whatsoever.

Way to go, Victoria, you and your butterfly earrings.

2012-11-25

Way to go, brave Victoria.

 2012-11-25

However, I can see Victoria teasing her big sister mercilessly about how she (Victoria) was able to get her ears pierced, but Isabella wasn't able to and didn't.

No comments: